Monday, January 7, 2008

It's all your fault, Mommy

Everything is always Mommy's fault. I told the girls for a long time that they couldn't check out Aladdin from the library because it was too scary (see The Little Mermaid, below). Of course I eventually caved because M, in particular, assured me that she would NOT be scared, absolutely not, not her, nuh uh. Well, they got the movie from the library, watched it immediately, and of course M started calling out that she was . . . scared. I told her to stop watching, but she wouldn't. After the movie was over, she confronted me, tearfully: "Mommy! That was really scary! I got really scared! You shouldn't have let me watch that!"

As a followup, though, on Friday night we had "family movie night" and watched Aladdin all together. Afterwards, Marmot Dad said to M, "You weren't scared at all this time." "Of course not," she answered, "I'm in Primary now!"

2 comments:

MBC said...

Hey, you know you can delete those spam comments, right?

SCS said...

How? (Now that I'm nearing 40 I'm out of the technological loop, you know?)