Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Which one is it?

I was looking for something in a cabinet today and came across a ring I purchased in Japan many years ago for approximately $5 at a grocery store. Here's the sad part: it looks EXACTLY like my wedding band. Exactly. So it's quiz time: which one is which?

Ring A:
Ring B:
Give up?

Keep going . . .





The answer is . . .






Ring A is the real deal.

But really, could you even tell?

So our next door neighbors opened a retail jewelry store this year. They sent us a Christmas card that was really a thinly veiled invitation to come to them for "all of our jewelry needs." What they haven't seemed to figure out in the six years we've lived here is this:

WE HAVE NO JEWELRY NEEDS! NONE!

If we did, we could just fulfill them all at the grocery store.

p.s. I did these photos against the faux wood grain of our faux wood table just to drive the point home as hard as I could. This is the kind of people we are. Faux.

No comments: