Thursday, October 4, 2007

Theology

A true conversation from this morning, which Marmot Dad told me "please blog. Please blog now."

E: I was so scared last night until you told me I didn't have a crack in my eye (she dreamed that she did). (pause) Mommy, why did you pray to Heavenly Father that I would only have good dreams, and then I had a bad dream?

Mom: (stymied)

M, the junior theologist: well, maybe Heavenly Father will help you some time (meaning some other time).

E: He helps me all the time.

M: Because he loves little children. (pause) And we are children. (another pause) I dreamed about the Jungle Book last night.

2 comments:

marmotgma said...

This is a question for the ages. I love hearing what my little children are doing. They are deep thinkers. Love, Mom

SCS said...

marmotgma, I humbly submit that "grandmarmot" has a special ring to it. I say this realizing quite fully that I may get voted down. But say it aloud a couple of times. It may grow on you. Marmot Dad