Tuesday, March 31, 2009

An R-rated post

The girls were sitting at the table tonight doing their self-appointed math homework (and I just noticed that they gave themselves A's, but one of them gave the other a B+  --  I have no idea how they ever found out about grades -- but I digress) when the talk turned, I'm sorry to say, to Tooie's bottom. Granted, Tooie spends a lot of time naked, working on his important potty-training work and just not liking clothes all that much (especially ones with tags). But that does not mean that his sisters should critique his bottom as they did. Read on:

M: "I'm glad I don't have a bottom like Tooie's."

E: "Me, too. You'd have to tuck it in all the time and it would be AWful." (pause) "Well, back to math."

I'm glad they've got that cleared up. I'd say we're a family comfortable in our gender roles.

p.s. I won't mention what Tooie said about his potty-training experience tonight, in deference to my not-quite-as-good-as-I-thought sister (a post about that coming).

No comments: